Die a Thousand Deaths
Marloth Rogue is a computer game being developed by Silent Orb. It's a first-person action/adventure featuring randomly generated worlds.
Download Version 0.3 - Light and Darkness
Change Log for Marloth Rogue 0.3
- Removed ambient light.
- Added lamps and candles.
- Children need light to see other characters. (Allowing basic stealth gameplay.)
- Removed Book of Wind (wasn't really doing much.)
- The player now has limited energy that is expended with movement.
- Added HUD for health and energy.
- Player can now only carry two items at a time, a primary and a secondary item.
- Player can now carry two items of the same type. (Allowing for a double spike ball attack!)
- Player can now drop items.
- Player automatically drops primary item when grabbing a new item.
- Improved Door interaction physics. (More like Frictional Games now.)
- Living girl AI now only follows the player and doesn't try to flee zombie children.
- Increased minimum prison size. (Was sometimes closet size.)
- Improved child throwing.
- Small refinements to the world generation logic.
- Reduced player interaction range.
- Tweaked character movement speeds.
- Tweaked spike ball damage.
- Redesigned some of the UI elements.
- New loading screen.
- Added credits window
- Added help window
- Added female zombie children
- Added randomized clothing colors for the girls.
- Added exit confirmation.
- Reduced the size of the Marloth Title so it could better fit on 4:3 monitors.
- Sometimes zombie children spawn on the ceiling. (It's a bug, but I like it.)
Notable Engine Changes
- Rebuilt most of AI the system.
- Rebuilt the feature placement system.
- Integrated a Promises library.